Lynn M. Dean
About the Author [ About the Author | Available Articles | Work Online | Contact | Additional Links]
Lynn Dean is a Colorado writer and mother of three. Lynn specializes in the areas of parenting, education, lifestyle, health and women's issues. As a published writer for more than 25 years, she has written more than 500 articles which have appeared in over 100 different publications in 35 states.
Nationally, Lynn's articles have appeared in HomeLife, At-Home Mother, Excellence Magazine, Christian Parenting Today, ParentLife, Single Parent Family, Beadwork and several Chicken Soup for the Soul books among others.
In addition to writing regularly on-assignment for Lydia's Style Magazine and the Rocky Mountain Parent Magazine, her columns include:
- Bytesize - has appeared monthly in the Rocky Mountain Parent Magazine since 2003, and covers websites that would be of interest to parents and their children.
- Ages and Stages has appeared monthly in Parenting Plus of the Palm Beaches since 2001 and covers news and information of interest to parents of children at four different developmental stages: the first three years, the preschool years, the school years, and tweens and teens.
- From Our House to Yours appeared monthly in the Fort Collins-Loveland-Greeley Parent Magazine from 1996 to 2003 and provided readers with "a slice of life."
- Flash Facts, News to Use and It's a Stage appeared monthly in Colorado Parent Magazine from 1998 to 2001.
- Parent to Parent appeared bi-weekly in the Fort Collins Coloradoan (a Gannet Daily) from 1988 to 1995, and covered news, events and topics of interest to parents.
Lynn's first book, The Family Fun Guide to Northern Colorado was published by Poudre Canyon Press in 1999. The book sold more than 5,000 copies in its first printing.
Lynn received a Bachelor of Arts from The Florida State University and concentrated her studies in Spanish, Education and Psychology. She complete all course work necessary for a teacher certification and went on to receive a Master of Science in Public Administration.